Ok, I admit it. I watched Bonanza the other day on TVland. While I am watching, certain truths popped up into the ether. These are not necessarily in order.
The Top 10 Reasons It’s Good To Be a Cartwright
- If you’re Adam, you got to be way ahead of your time in fashion, always wearing all black. Joe, on the other hand, was the only one who didn’t HAVE to wear black boots.
- Girls in Virginia City never figure out that they are always temporary. Or passing through. Or moving away. It’s like wearing a red shirt on Star Trek.
- The Ponderosa didn’t keep livestock in the barn so close to the Big House, thus lack of smell.
- Ben is too old to have any more kids, so the inheritance is only going to be split so many ways.
- You never have to worry about what to wear. It’s always the same outfit. Day in. Day out.
- You had a different mother than your two brothers, and they’re gone, so you don’t have to worry if Ben was a serial killer.
- Even though the Ponderosa was north-east of Lake Tahoe, it almost never snowed.
- If you have to have a family, have one that owns, mines, lumber businesses, and cattle ranches. The Old West didn’t suck so much if were stinking rich.
- It’s always good to own a HUGE portion of prime real estate in Nevada.
- If it’s not your week to have a temporary love interest, there’s always Hop-Sing.BONUS:
- Afterwards, you get to play a Battlestar commander, a spin-off doctor, an angel or… an angel.