This weekend the boys of the Thornhill MC (“Bad to the Bone when our wives let us be”) went on a little road trip on our bikes and had a great time. I want ed to make sure we mentioned The Lodge at Telico. In Telico Plains, TN (which is at the end of the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon), if you turn left off the Skyway, go about a mile down on your right, you will see The Lodge at Telico.
We were greeted by “Uncle Walt”, who is the owner and done all the renovations himself.
- The Lodge has that cabin like look but are very nice rooms with all pine on the inside.
- There is a hot tub and tile shower in each room and
- a twin bed and a king bed.
- There was a motorcycle garage with a security card key that was very nice for storing our bikes overnight.
- On the way to the ice machines there are some very cool little waterfalls and man made creeks.
- The facility had a beautiful picnic area complete with grills and a fire pit.
- On the covered porches were rockers where we sat out swapped stories.
- The heater/AC works great as it was cold when got there and turned it up and quickly our room was a sauna.
- There were flat screen TVs in every room.
All in all this was a great place to stay. Very reasonably priced and his wife served us our complimentary continental breakfast at 6:45 am the next morning. You can contact them at: 9436 Hwy 68 Tellico Plains, TN 37385 or 423-253-2506 or http://www.lodgeattellico.com/
We ate dinner at KramBonz in Telico and it was off the hook BBQ!